After a good sleep at The Old Country house you are ready to hit one of the great tracks nearby. Perhaps you can choose one of many tracks along the Port Hills and hike anywhere between 1.5 hours and 4 days.
After a big day of tramping you may feel a bit stiff in your legs! Here are some great yoga asanas that will help you to release any tension in your body…
Wide Legged Standing Forward Bend
This pose is good for stretching calves, hamstrings, gluts, back, shoulders and chest.
- Step your feet apart and turn your toes slightly in.
- Clasp your hands behind your back or you can use a strap or belt.
- Slightly bend your knees.
- Inhale and lift your chest.
- Then exhale, folding forward.
- Hold the pose for about 7 breaths.
This pose stretches the groin and inner thighs, knees.
- Sit down with your feet touching and hold your feet with your hands.
- Inhale and straighten you spine.
- Exhale and bend forward with your gaze up ahead.
- After a few breaths exhale and gently release the posture.
Low Lunge Pose
This pose stretches quads, hamstrings and releases any tension in your hips. It also improves your balance and concentration.
- Position your self in Downward Facing Dog and on the inhale lift your left leg up.
- On an exhale step your right leg forward – into a lunge.
- Lower your back knee.
- On an inhale rise your arms up and hold for 5 breaths.
- Shift back to down dog and repeat or right side.
Get your friends together and relax with these poses, or ask at our reception for more handy tips!
Don’t forget to like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Theoldcountryhouse/?fref=ts
or follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/TheoldCountryho