Our Neighborhood… is a very quiet one.
When you choose to stay at The Old Countryhouse, you will experience the best of both worlds: Stay and sleep here – whilst the city hustle and the buzz and noise of nightlife is only 1500 meters from The Old Countryhouse.
You will find everything for your convenience on our doorstep, whilst it is a 15 – 20 minute walk to the city sights and if you choose to use our ‘home made’ walking map, you will be guided to see most of the old sights, most of the new sights and a lot of ‘quirky’ sights, which have evolved since the earthquakes, along the way. For your free copy of the Walking Map, please ask at Reception.
There are Supermarkets, Pubs, Restaurants, Cafes and Bus Stops – all within a 1 to 15 minute walk.
Opposite from the hostel
- NZ Post Office
- 2 ATM’s (Westpac & Kiwibank)
- The city’s best butcher
- 2 convenient stores
- Bus Stop to the city, the local beaches, Christchurch Shopping Malls and the University
Within 5 minutes walk
- River Avon
- Bus Stop AMI Stadium
- 2 fantastic Cafès
- Aqua Gym Swimming Pool
Within 10 minutes walk
- Intercity Bus Stop Depot for all buses to/from anywhere in the South Island
- Our favorite pub, rustic and offering great locally crafted beers an wines
- yummy New Zealand food, live music on most days and a sunny beer garden
- Thai Restaurant, Persian Restaurant and Indian and Vietnamese Take Aways
- Pico Organic Wholefood Supermarket
- Liberty Markets Organic Supermarket
- Medical Center
- ANZ Bank
- Eastgate Shopping Mall
- Dominos Pizza